Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Huh? what?

I think, somehow, some of my posts have gone missing, including the usual post-nano retrospective.

This year went pretty well despite a number of real life changes which had enormous potential to mess things up. Each year seems to get a little easier and go a little smoother. I still failed to attend even one nano event and even those few friends I could talk into doing it with me bailed out right at the beginning so I endured it entirely alone.

Despite all that, I not only got my 50K+ written, I even finished a rough edit before the year's end.  In fact--not to sound too Pollyannaish--even my first reader (my wife) has said my writing has improved enough that not much work will need to be done to whip it into shape.

Now if only I could get someone to actually read it.

I need to do at least one more pass before it's ready for the June deadline. I'd love to bounce it off some other readers, but I figure I'll have to go this alone as well. I have considered doing an audio recording, since one of the best ways to edit a piece is to read it aloud, (and there seems to be a market for such. A number of the guys I work with always seem to be listening to audio books instead of reading) but I'm not sure I have enough time to record it all.

No comments: